Back in September, I started using Dermalogica after a friend started using it and had some pretty awesome results. My areas of concern for my face were redness and combination skin (and maybe the occasional pimple). My friend and I went for a Dermalogica facial and we both loved the product. We both decided to start using and so including us, there were three of us using the product.
Fast forward to December and I start noticing my skin becoming VERY dry. I assumed it was the weather and kind of brushed it off but it kept getting progressively worse so I made a stop into a beauty store and explained my issue to one of the employees and she said that some people cannot handle Dermalogica because it is to strong and abrasive for their skin. I explained to her that my other friends are still using the product and their skin is perfectly fine so we concluded that I just cannot use Dermalogica.
So she recommended a line to me that I never heard of – Vichy. She applied to my face in store and it felt so soothing and moisturizing. I purchased the moisturizer, serum, and eye balm. She also gave me a ton of samples (which I also ended up purchasing some of those). The line that I use is Aqualia Thermal and some other products. Here are the products I use in order:
- Thermal Spa Water (I use this right after the shower and after taking off make up) – My favorite thing about this is immediately after putting it on, my skin already feels hydrated. This is one of the items I got as a sample and ended up purchasing the full size.
- Aqualia Thermal Dynamic Hydration Power Serum – Of all the things that I purchased, I believe this is what contributed most to rehydrating my skin again. When I first started using it after my skin was so dry, after I would use it, it almost felt like ice to my skin it was that soothing.
- Aqualia Thermal Eye Balm – This is a gel like product that you apply to the eye area. The lady told me to try freezing it for a few minutes before putting it on but I have yet to try that.
- Aqualia Thermal Dynamic Hydration Rich Cream – This is what would be considered the moisturizer. It’s super thick and you don’t need a lot but it does wonders!
- Pureté Thermale 3-In-1 One Step Cleanser – This was also a sample that I ended up purchasing as well. It’s what I use to take my make up off. You just put some on a cotton pad and rub it on to your face including your eyes. It takes off all the make up and you don’t need to rinse!
I have been using the products for over a month and my skin feels so much more hydrated. The dryness cleared up pretty quick. The products are a little pricey but I don’t mind spending that money on products that go on my face. However, please understand that I’m not dissing Dermalogica because my two friends still use the product and LOVE it… it just didn’t work for my skin. I am in LOVE with Vichy though. This is not even a sponsored post… it’s my honest opinion.
What skin care products do you use? Have you tried something that just did not work for your face?